Political Quasar Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Political Quasar Forum

Beware the Quasar

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

The 2nd Amendment....

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
micfranklin
Admin
Admin
micfranklin

Male
Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-02-18

The 2nd Amendment.... Empty
PostSubject: The 2nd Amendment....   The 2nd Amendment.... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 21, 2007 8:29 am

Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution wrote:
A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Clearly one of the more important amendments in the Bill of Rights, and one that a lot of people don't seem to understand. The whole reason for this was to allow citizens to arm themselves and to destroy the government if it turns tyrannical.

And yet there are those who think it should be ignored, Brady being one of them. Personally I think they are the people who haven't paid much attention in history class.
Back to top Go down
https://politicalquasar.all-up.com
Mateo
Novice
Novice

Male
Number of posts : 52
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Amendment....   The 2nd Amendment.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 9:01 am

The 2nd Amendment is necessary but it needs its limits. First, no person with a felony record should be allowed to purchase a weapon. Second, no one who is mentally insane should be allowed one either. Most importantly, no one at all should be allowed to own a semi-automatic or automatic gun: those are for terrorists and the military only.
Back to top Go down
scpg02
Cadet
Cadet
scpg02

Female
Number of posts : 143

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Amendment....   The 2nd Amendment.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 9:09 am

You can not have the first amendment without the second.
Back to top Go down
http://s7.invisionfree.com/Corner_Cafe/
Mateo
Novice
Novice

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Amendment....   The 2nd Amendment.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 9:12 am

Agreed, just as long as it's limited reasonably.
Back to top Go down
scpg02
Cadet
Cadet
scpg02

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Amendment....   The 2nd Amendment.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 9:17 am

Mateo wrote:
Agreed, just as long as it's limited reasonably.

Well I don't completely agree with your limitations.
Back to top Go down
micfranklin
Admin
Admin
micfranklin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Amendment....   The 2nd Amendment.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 9:26 am

Mateo wrote:
The 2nd Amendment is necessary but it needs its limits. First, no person with a felony record should be allowed to purchase a weapon. Second, no one who is mentally insane should be allowed one either. Most importantly, no one at all should be allowed to own a semi-automatic or automatic gun: those are for terrorists and the military only.

I was with you up until that last part.

Technically, not allowing people to own those kinds of weapons is still a restriction on the 2nd Amendment.
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Novice
Novice

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Amendment....   The 2nd Amendment.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 9:32 am

micfranklin wrote:
Mateo wrote:

Technically, not allowing people to own those kinds of weapons is still a restriction on the 2nd Amendment.

What does a common person like you and I need an assault rifle for? Do you go killing Talibans in your neighborhoods everyday? Are you fighting off an army or something? No, so you don't need stuff like that. A couple of pistols and a shotgun is all that's necessary.
Back to top Go down
scpg02
Cadet
Cadet
scpg02

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Amendment....   The 2nd Amendment.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 9:35 am

Mateo wrote:
What does a common person like you and I need an assault rifle for?

Defense against a terranical government. Or did Waco teach you nothing?
Back to top Go down
hypewaders
Novice
Novice

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Amendment....   The 2nd Amendment.... Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2007 9:50 am

Mateo wrote:

I happen to have an M16, what's wrong with that?
Back to top Go down
Mateo
Novice
Novice

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Amendment....   The 2nd Amendment.... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 6:23 am

hypewaders wrote:
Mateo wrote:

I happen to have an M16, what's wrong with that?

Again what do you need something like that for? Are you in the military?
Back to top Go down
scpg02
Cadet
Cadet
scpg02

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Amendment....   The 2nd Amendment.... Icon_minitimeSun Jul 29, 2007 8:49 am

Mateo wrote:

As i said ealier, defense against our own government.
Back to top Go down
micfranklin
Admin
Admin
micfranklin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Amendment....   The 2nd Amendment.... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 07, 2007 12:24 pm

Mateo wrote:
micfranklin wrote:
Mateo wrote:

What does a common person like you and I need an assault rifle for? Do you go killing Talibans in your neighborhoods everyday? Are you fighting off an army or something? No, so you don't need stuff like that. A couple of pistols and a shotgun is all that's necessary.

Does it matter whether I need an AK or not? No.

Need is not required to exercise a right.
Back to top Go down
bringbackwigs
Novice
Novice
bringbackwigs

Male
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Amendment....   The 2nd Amendment.... Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 4:15 pm

scpg02 wrote:
Mateo wrote:

As i said ealier, defense against our own government.

All you need is a brain. Which is eerily harder to obtain than an assault rifle.
Back to top Go down
http://jfishsports.blogspot.com/
Mateo
Novice
Novice

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Amendment....   The 2nd Amendment.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 3:25 am

micfranklin wrote:
Mateo wrote:
micfranklin wrote:
Mateo wrote:

Well you have a point there but what about public perception? What do you think is gonna go through someone's mind when they hear you have an automatic at home?
Back to top Go down
scpg02
Cadet
Cadet
scpg02

Female

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Amendment....   The 2nd Amendment.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 6:56 am

None of their business.
Back to top Go down
micfranklin
Admin
Admin
micfranklin

Male

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Amendment....   The 2nd Amendment.... Icon_minitimeThu Aug 16, 2007 8:19 am

Mateo wrote:
micfranklin wrote:
Mateo wrote:
micfranklin wrote:
Mateo wrote:

Well you have a point there but what about public perception? What do you think is gonna go through someone's mind when they hear you have an automatic at home?

Does that really matter to you what they think?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The 2nd Amendment....   The 2nd Amendment.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The 2nd Amendment....
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Political Quasar Forum :: The Shooting Range-
Jump to: