Political Quasar Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Political Quasar Forum

Beware the Quasar

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Gangsta Rap on its way out

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
micfranklin
Admin
Admin
micfranklin

Male
Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-02-18

Gangsta Rap on its way out Empty
PostSubject: Gangsta Rap on its way out   Gangsta Rap on its way out Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 1:35 am

Quote :
To judge by their lyrics, gangsta rappers are adept at seeing off rivals with a bullet and their women with a slap.

But America's rappers are now trapped in a corner they don't seem able to shoot their way out of, with either weapons or words.

Confronted with haemorrhaging sales, the most assertive popular music movement since the Sex Pistols has lost its swagger and is suffering a crisis of confidence.

This year rap and hip-hop sales are down 33 per cent, double the decline of the CD album market overall, which is under pressure from music download sites such as iTunes, where fans can buy individual songs.

In 2006, rap sold 59.1 million albums, down 21 per cent from 2005. Not one rap album made the American top 10 sellers of the year - a list headed by the saccharine tunes of the soundtrack to Disney's made-for-television High School Musical. The bad boys of rap are now trailing the cowboys of country and the headbangers of heavy metal.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2007/07/01/wrap101.xml

Well I knew it was coming sooner or later, another form of music on the way out. And just from listening to some of the rappers that are out today I'm not surprised.

BTW cracking down on lyrics is just liking cracking down on drugs and alcohol: it's not gonna work.
Back to top Go down
https://politicalquasar.all-up.com
caliaf
Novice
Novice
caliaf

Number of posts : 25
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Gangsta Rap on its way out   Gangsta Rap on its way out Icon_minitimeTue Jul 31, 2007 9:28 am

Good. Most of today's rap gets on my fucking nerves.
Back to top Go down
rohrya
Novice
Novice
rohrya

Male
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Gangsta Rap on its way out   Gangsta Rap on its way out Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 1:26 am

To be honest rap isn't all that bad.
Back to top Go down
Kerrikins
Novice
Novice

Female
Number of posts : 29
Registration date : 2007-08-11

PostSubject: Re: Gangsta Rap on its way out   Gangsta Rap on its way out Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 5:00 am

I can bare listening to old stuff like NWA, Ice Cube, Run-DMC, Dr. Dre, but anything that's been made in the last 6 years I won't listen to.

And I'm more of a hard rock fan anyway.
Back to top Go down
micfranklin
Admin
Admin
micfranklin

Male
Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-02-18

PostSubject: Re: Gangsta Rap on its way out   Gangsta Rap on its way out Icon_minitimeMon Aug 20, 2007 11:57 am

rohrya wrote:
To be honest rap isn't all that bad.

Rap from the 80's to early 2000's anyway IMO.
Back to top Go down
https://politicalquasar.all-up.com
hypewaders
Novice
Novice

Male
Number of posts : 33
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: Gangsta Rap on its way out   Gangsta Rap on its way out Icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2007 10:26 am

Let's hope it gets replaced with something that's not nonsense and more pleasing to the ears.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Gangsta Rap on its way out   Gangsta Rap on its way out Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Gangsta Rap on its way out
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Political Quasar Forum :: Society :: Our Society-
Jump to: