Political Quasar Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Political Quasar Forum

Beware the Quasar

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

GOP candidates skipping out on debate...in Baltimore

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
micfranklin
Admin
Admin
micfranklin

Male
Number of posts : 252
Registration date : 2007-02-18

GOP candidates skipping out on debate...in Baltimore Empty
PostSubject: GOP candidates skipping out on debate...in Baltimore   GOP candidates skipping out on debate...in Baltimore Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 11:26 am

Hmmm....

Quote :
Smiley warns GOP contenders about political consequences of skipping minority debate

"Three of the four leading Republican presidential candidates turned down invitations to a PBS debate this month at a historically black college in Baltimore, leading moderator Tavis Smiley on Thursday to accuse them of ignoring minority voters," Jill writes this morning in USA TODAY.

Arizona Sen. John McCain, former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani and former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney have all declined to participate in the Sept. 27 debate at Morgan State University.

"No one should be elected president of this country in 2008 if they think that along the way they can ignore people of color," said Smiley, host of radio and TV talk shows. "If you want to be president of all America, you need to speak to all Americans."

http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2007/09/smiley-warns-go.html

I happen to be a student at Morgan State University, and even though I'm a little unsure of them, I find it very bizarre that Giuliani, McCain, and Romney (the 3 big names in the GOP race) showed up to every other debate but won't come to this one.

In a way I'm almost offended.
Back to top Go down
https://politicalquasar.all-up.com
rohrya
Novice
Novice
rohrya

Male
Number of posts : 89
Registration date : 2007-07-15

PostSubject: Re: GOP candidates skipping out on debate...in Baltimore   GOP candidates skipping out on debate...in Baltimore Icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2007 3:04 am

I'm tired about hearing from only these three so that would be a good thing for you Mic.
Back to top Go down
VerOmen
Novice
Novice

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-07-24

PostSubject: Re: GOP candidates skipping out on debate...in Baltimore   GOP candidates skipping out on debate...in Baltimore Icon_minitimeTue Sep 25, 2007 9:39 am

micfranklin wrote:
Hmmm....

Quote :
Smiley warns GOP contenders about political consequences of skipping minority debate

"Three of the four leading Republican presidential candidates turned down invitations to a PBS debate this month at a historically black college in Baltimore, leading moderator Tavis Smiley on Thursday to accuse them of ignoring minority voters," Jill writes this morning in USA TODAY.

Arizona Sen. John McCain, former New York City mayor Rudy Giuliani and former Massachusetts governor Mitt Romney have all declined to participate in the Sept. 27 debate at Morgan State University.

"No one should be elected president of this country in 2008 if they think that along the way they can ignore people of color," said Smiley, host of radio and TV talk shows. "If you want to be president of all America, you need to speak to all Americans."

http://blogs.usatoday.com/onpolitics/2007/09/smiley-warns-go.html

I happen to be a student at Morgan State University, and even though I'm a little unsure of them, I find it very bizarre that Giuliani, McCain, and Romney (the 3 big names in the GOP race) showed up to every other debate but won't come to this one.

In a way I'm almost offended.

Offended? The three biggest names in the GOp debates also happen to be the three big scumbags also. You should be glad they don't show up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GOP candidates skipping out on debate...in Baltimore   GOP candidates skipping out on debate...in Baltimore Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GOP candidates skipping out on debate...in Baltimore
Page 1 of 1