Political Quasar Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Political Quasar Forum

Beware the Quasar

HomeHome  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Put up or shut up on global warming

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
scpg02
Cadet
Cadet
scpg02

Female
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-07-23

Put up or shut up on global warming Empty
PostSubject: Put up or shut up on global warming   Put up or shut up on global warming Icon_minitimeFri Aug 10, 2007 11:19 am

Where ever you stand on global warming you just got to love it when someone goes after the Hollywood left.

Dingell puts a fair price tag on the high cost of saving energy

The Detroit News

Quote :
Fighting global warming isn't so much fun now, is it? When the battle targeted almost exclusively Detroit's auto industry, volunteers were falling all over themselves to sign up.

But now it's about to hit closer to home for most Americans. U.S. Rep. John Dingell, the Dearborn Democrat who chairs the Energy and Commerce Committee, is proposing a 50-cent tax on a gallon of gasoline and suspension of mortgage deductions for what he calls McMansions -- homes over 3,000 square feet.

Dingell continues to press the point that if we believe global warming is so serious a threat that it's worth destroying the automobile industry, then it's also worth spreading the pain to as many other places as possible.

His proposal is aimed at the Hollywood hypocrites who testify before Congress about the evils of the auto industry and then fly private jets back to their 30,000-square-foot hillside palaces. If the smug global warming warriors who park their Priuses in four-car garages want to cram everyone else into wheeled shoe boxes, then they should be willing to bed down in cracker boxes.

Link
Back to top Go down
http://s7.invisionfree.com/Corner_Cafe/
bringbackwigs
Novice
Novice
bringbackwigs

Male
Number of posts : 96
Registration date : 2007-06-13

PostSubject: Re: Put up or shut up on global warming   Put up or shut up on global warming Icon_minitimeSat Aug 11, 2007 4:10 pm

What really pisses me off are the "green" actors and musicians who use more energy in one hour than my left wrist uses while watching "Wild Things".
Back to top Go down
http://jfishsports.blogspot.com/
scpg02
Cadet
Cadet
scpg02

Female
Number of posts : 143
Registration date : 2007-07-23

PostSubject: Re: Put up or shut up on global warming   Put up or shut up on global warming Icon_minitimeSun Aug 12, 2007 2:57 am

bringbackwigs wrote:
What really pisses me off are the "green" actors and musicians who use more energy in one hour than my left wrist uses while watching "Wild Things".

LOL! Nicely put. And I have a smilie for that!
Back to top Go down
http://s7.invisionfree.com/Corner_Cafe/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Put up or shut up on global warming   Put up or shut up on global warming Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Political Quasar Forum :: The Newsroom-
Jump to: